Engineering Manager – Projects and Facilities
Our client is a global manufacturing company who have collective energy and ambition, offering a working environment where you can make a real difference.
Are you looking to work for a company that genuinely cares about their people, their products, their consumers and the environment? – Look no further we could have the role for you!
As an experienced Engineering Manager, you will be required to manage capital investment projects for all UK operations ensuring delivery of solutions that meet the agreed objectives. All projects are to be delivered accurately safely and to budget. Along with supporting the investment activities required for the French operation.
You will have strong communication skills as you will be responsible for managing the implementation of the projects into the business, clearly communicating progress to relevant stakeholders and senior management.
Additionally, you will manage the on-site Facilities team of 4, who are responsible for the statutory compliance of all supply chain equipment in relation to facilities and infrastructure.
- Preparation and submission of the business annual Capital Plan
- Preparing investment projects and gaining approval using ‘CLICK’
- Execution of Capital Projects ensuring accurate delivery in terms of spend and time
- Recommending investment opportunities
- Keeping spend within the total annual approved budget
- Communicating key project activities to senior management and where necessary to the whole workforce
- Updating site records/drawings reflecting changes
- Ensure that all capital equipment is managed to the guidelines, which includes but not limited to:-
- Additions to the Asset Register
- Asset relocation notification
- Asset removal/Idle Assets
- Asset disposal/sale
- Ensures that Safe Systems of work are used at all times
- Ensures that HS&E Department are involved during all phases of any work
- Contractor management
- Ensure the Engineering team maintain all sites in a safe and clean order
- Manage the revenue budget
- Communicate when budgetary constraints impact on delivery of services
- Responsible for planning applications and building regulation applications
- Responsible for all security activities including the provision of physical protection and manned guarding for all sites
The successful candidate will have the following traits in addition to having experience to deliver the above:
- Engineering apprenticeship qualification in either an Electrical or Mechanical discipline and a level of further education
- Project Management Qualification or extensive experience
- Experience in managing engineering projects
- Extensive knowledge of equipment and suppliers, with a strong network within the industry
- Management / Leadership skills
- An understanding of the business issues being addressed and how they relate to the project activities
- Can evidence commitment to deliver results
- Proactively seeks improvement, is a solution provider and a problem solver
- The ability to pioneer new ideas
- Willingness to embrace and accelerate change in a fast-paced environment
- Communicates effectively; delivers impactful presentations
In return, an attractive remuneration package including a performance related bonus, car allowance, highly competitive pension and 24 days annual leave, is on offer for the successful candidate.
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844