£11.04/hour plus shift allowance
We are currently recruiting for Handler/Loader for our client based in Ashford, working 12 hour shifts over a 4 week rota.
Work for a large and successful organisation and be part of the team to ensure it meets daily loading requirements and other agreed objectives. Picking accuracy, housekeeping and stock accuracy is essential in this role. Contribute to continuous improvement of the team to reduce errors and waste to reduce cost.
**Please note – FLT licence (Counterbalance) and your own transport are essential.
Furthermore, the role will also involve:
- The team shares the responsibility to ensure all tasks are completed daily before the team goes home. A flexible approach to working hours will be necessary
- This role will require a very close and co-operative working relationship with the shift team leader and the Yard Manager to effectively manage the work.
- Practice good housekeeping in agreement with the Yard Manager and ensure that all daily checks are carried out. Carry out daily and Weekend housekeeping clear-ups
- Work with Mill team to unload raw material lorries
- Assist with weekend stock checks
- Work closely with your line managers and the Quality Manager to ensure full compliance with the Company ISO9001 procedures and in raising overall quality standards. Ensure 100% quality to your customer. Do not let demands compromise quality
- Work safely, to protect yourself and others, ensuring that Company and Statutory Health and Safety, COSHH and Environmental requirements are met, including specific responsibilities relating to the team’s activities
- Participate in appropriate training and toolbox talks
- Any other ad hoc tasks reasonably requested by your shift leader and direct line managers. Being part of the wider Yard team, this will certainly include work in other areas to meet the company’s needs.
Hours of work:
8am – 8pm. The working week comprises of 36.50 hours averaged over four weeks.
Week One – 3 x 12 hour shifts
Week Two - 4 x 12 hour shifts plus 1 x 6.50 hour shift (Sunday)
Week Three - 3 x 12 hour shifts plus 1 x 6.50 hour shift (Sunday)
Week Four - 2 x 12 hour shifts
£11.04 per hour, plus shift payment
Apply to day and don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity!
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844