Location: Margate (South East)
Salary: £18,700-£22,400 dependent upon qualifications and experience
Full Time: 37.5 hours Monday to friay 9am to 5pm plus overtime on a weekend rota
Our client offers enhancements for Saturdays and any work between 8pm and 7.30am on weekdays at time +30% of your basic salary rate. For Sundays and Bank Holidays at time + 60% of your basic salary rate.
Reporting directly to the Matron you will be part of a dynamic team focusing on the provision of excellent patient care. As a key player in the team the hospital administrator will be required to manage the administrative aspect of ward Administration duties.
Furthermore, the role will also involve:
• Meeting and greeting patients/visitors in a warm, friendly and professional manner
• Maintaining accurate medical record systems
• Dealing with and administrative issues on admission
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Develop in depth service knowledge and offer information about the services to our patients/visitors
• Handle enquiries from existing and prospective patients/visitors professionally with digression
• Ensure all computer systems are kept up to date at all times e.g. EDN, NJR, Patient Centre and Compucare
• To return all NHS notes back to medical records after discharge. Return all Private and Choose and Book notes to the relevant departments
• Ensure that all admission packs and notes are ready for the patients pre-assessment
• Participate in in-house training sessions and attend meetings and discussions when required
Qualifications and Experience
- Maths and English (GCSE or equivalent) grade C or above
- Proven experience working in an administration environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Packages
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Polite and confident telephone manner
- Organised and methodical in approach
- Ability to act on own initiative
- Previous experience of working in a team
This is a really exciting opportunity to work with a very successful organisation and really help deliver a fantastic service.
Apply today and don’t miss out!
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844