Job Title – Internal Communications Executive
Place of work – Dover/Hybrid Opportunity
Salary up to £25,000
To tell the story of their people and their business. To deliver contemporary, engaging and inclusive colleague communications corporately and for specific programmes, projects and activities that informs, inspires and helps build trust across the organisation.
Duties of the Post Holder
- Find, prepare, share and promote stories from across the organisation that bring alive and celebrate their successes and experiences
- Investigate and develop new and better ways of communicating, creating content and templates for the team that move away from the traditional written word and into video, image and interactive experience, being mindful of a 24/7 organisation with a mix of office/home-based and operational staff
- Working with communications and marketing colleagues, deliver a schedule of departmental campaigns, and publish content across internal channels
- Measure and report the impact of key communications
- Administer and develop the programme of ‘all staff’ live events
- Support key forward-looking corporate programmes and activity, including from a cultural and commercial perspective
- Draft comprehensive design briefs for internal communications collateral and work with the Marketing Team to create the collateral to reinforce campaigns and calls to action
- The post holder is required to be included on the duty roster for on-call media duties.
- The post holder is required to undertake the necessary administrative tasks associated with the role (incl financial procedures).
Any other duties assigned by the Head of, Directors, General Managers or Chief Executive, from time to time. These will be reasonable in relation to the post holder’s skills, abilities and status, may be in the UK or overseas and may require the post holder to work additional hours in order to achieve the mission. Time off in lieu may be approved against these requests.
Comply with environmental instructions and identify potential risks to the environment, or areas where environmental impact can be reduced.
Comply with all safety instructions and accept responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by what you do.
Identify potential risks in the work area, and report such risks promptly to management.
The Ideal Fit
- High standard of education, including English and Maths
- Experience in internal communications roles.
- Experience of authoring content for internal social channels (e.g. Yammer).
- Experience of planning and filming short video interviews and editing these for internal channels.
- Experience of managing a staff communications function for a SharePoint intranet.
- You will have strong communication skills, including excellent written and oral English, with the ability to adapt your style to suit the audience.
- Have sound understanding of internal communication channels and be confident in learning to author content on digital channels
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook) to an intermediate standard to communicate and present information in a variety of formats.
- Experience of handling confidential information/material and a good understanding of the importance of confidentiality in a business workplace.
- Pay close attention to detail (to proofread communications before they are published) and demonstrate strong organisational and multi-tasking skills (to manage multiple writing assignments at the same time).
- Knowledge of basic health and safety good practices.
- Handling occasional media enquiries as part of an on call rota.
- A strategic thinker who is confident, motivated and approachable.
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise own workload, managing own time and working to deadlines.
- Full driving licence and use of own car with Business Use Car Insurance
- Able to work with minimal supervision as an individual or as part of a team.
- Able to build and maintain good working relationships with peers, managers, customers and other individuals at all levels.
- Professional appearance
- Flexible approach.
- Able to concentrate and maintain accuracy for prolonged periods when working on complex tasks.
- Able to be on out of hours call out on a rotational basis
- Role model in creating a culture of integrity and respect, creating a great place to work
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844