Recruitment Solutions are currently recruiting for a Senior Procurement Manager for our client based in Maidstone.
Pay rate: Competitive dependent on experience
- Delivery of growth against business strategic objectives
- Responsible for P&L & foreign currency requests
- Build a strategic oversees supply base to achieve growth targets in business plan and exceed customer expectations.
- Look at ways to add value, while achieving a low cost supply chain
- Co-responsible for demand planning with trading teams
- Accountable to follow technical diligence policies and procedures
- Communicate and assist in country technical procurement managers
- Pre-season and post season growers’ reviews
- Be up to date on development of new varieties, technology and sourcing options- both countries of origin and logistics.
Experience & Skills required:
- Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Well developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Be able to communicate in Spanish at a level which enables you to work with non English speaking suppliers.
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- Strategic thinker adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
- Good organisational skills
- Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844