Manufacturing, Engineering, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, Continuous Improvement,
A super opportunity for a Senior Production & Engineering Manager with a global manufacturing client in the area (non-food).
Attractive salary and benefits package available for the right candidate.
As a Core Member of the Site Leadership Team, you will ensure that all LCP Business Unit products are manufactured to the required quality, cost, delivery and other operational targets.
To instil and drive a culture of continuous and sustainable operational improvement.
Provide leadership and support to ensure the production operation meets its goals and objectives through the development and motivation of the production and direct engineering teams.
· Experience in a significant management or technical manufacturing role within the pharmaceutical or Medical Device Industries
· Managing and leading engineering expertise to address complex challenges across a diverse set of manufacturing equipment, facilities, automated plant equipment and utilities.
· Accountable for financial control of department, projects, capital forecast accuracy.
· Competent practitioner in the application of process improvement methodologies and tools.
· Strong track record of execution.
· Prioritisation of projects and deployment of resources required to execute successfully on time and within budget.
· Team orientated with good network and consensus building capabilities.
· Refined presentation skills and a strong communicator.
· Ensuring that product is manufactured in the required quantities and within budgeted costs to required quality standards through the efficient and effective use of resources (materials, equipment and people) while achieving all required legal, GMP and regulatory standards
· Provide leadership for all engineering activities including equipment maintenance, methodologies and practices. Ensure this team is aligned to fully support the operational needs of the business at all times.
· Identification and forecasting of future resource requirements (equipment, facilities and people)
· Identification and implementation of opportunities for operational improvements while also driving a continuous improvement culture in the business unit
· Ensuring that all people in areas of control are appropriately trained and skilled to undertake required tasks and duties.
Additionally, ensure that all direct and indirect reports receive an annual performance review and equal opportunities for development and advancement
· Ensure effective communication and briefing processes exist within the Business Units
· Provision of accurate and timely information to the Site Director and others
· Support the Site Director in the smooth and effective management of change programmes including : new product introductions, expansion / contraction of existing product ranges, introduction of new technology and facilities reorganisation
· Contribute to the overall success of the business as a core member of the Site Leadership Team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Core competency - management level
· Problem Solving
· Professional Competence & Knowledge
· Planning and Organizing
· Continuous Improvement
· Business Sense
· Sound knowledge of regulatory requirements is essential
· Professional acumen, excellent senior level influencing / stakeholder management skills.
· Excellent negotiation skills.
· Ability to embrace and deliver change.
· Capacity to translate strategy into successful deliverables.
· Technical lead of the Manufacturing equipment design and maintenance
· Office room environment, with moderate levels of noise
· Frequent time in manufacturing / operations areas around equipment with moving parts
· May be required to work for extended hours with a personal computer and programs to prepare
documents and reports
· Travel : Moderate travel requirements (UK & Europe)
· Direct working experience with Sterile products
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844