Recruitment Solutions are currently recruiting for a Weddings, Corporate & Events Executive, for our client an award winning venue in Hythe.
Working hours: Normal working hours are 45 hours per week, five days out of seven. The role will involve working weekends, bank holidays and evenings to meet the business needs
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
The role will include working closely with a variety or departments to maximise wedding, corporate and event opportunities, increase revenue, drive sales, and plan all events. You will also ensure excellent customer relations and service is maintained, expectations are exceeded and each client is provided with a truly memorable event.
Duties will include:
- Managing the team to achieve pre-determined targets, maximising all opportunities to achieve these
- Manage the planning, organisation, and execution of local and regional bridal/corporate trade shows
- Create proposals based on needs, interests, and expectations of the client
- Meet prospective wedding couples and corporate clients and capitalise on all up-selling opportunities
- Ensure events are effectively managed and run without problems
- Prepare and provide reports, sales projections, call reports, and special projects as required
- Continually build and validate a database of contacts via pro-active calling & data collection
- Attend local networking events, as well as host breakfast meetings on site to obtain potential clients
- Manage enquiries from the initial customer contact through to planning and delivery
- Work with the event sales manager to identify event trends, scheduling concerns, special group requirements, guest complaints, sales opportunities, and quality issues in a timely manner
- Assist in the training, mentoring, and management of the team.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in the events industry with specific experience of planning and coordinating corporate events, such as exhibitions, conferences, weddings, and private dining events
· Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships with clients and deal with challenging situations
· Ability to manage your own workload with competing priorities and frequent interruptions that require urgent attention
· A positive outlook with an ability to inspire confidence, provide vision and motivate people
· A passion for high-quality work and attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills, face to face and also written and verbal
· Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative, solve problems independently and supervise others.
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844