We are currently recruiting for an experienced Buyer on behalf of a key manufacturing client in the area! This role is ideal for someone hungry and dynamic with a couple of years purchasing experience under their belt, ready to embrace the challenges of a purchasing role within a fast paced global manufacturing organisation.
What background are we looking for?
Applicants from what our client considers ideal industries include packaging, chemical, pharma, food or personal care.
Applicants must be comfortable working in a multi-national business and cross functional teamwork and have significant procurement experience with a track record of delivering cost improvements.
The role sits within the direct procurement function and as a member of the procurement team, the role of Buyer will help source, negotiate and contract for specified categories on behalf of user departments and develop effective business p[partnerships with suppliers and internal customers.
Responsibilities are wide and varied and will include:
- Contribution to project meetings and representing the procurement department
- Anticipate and communicate any potential risks to deliveries
- Update on price, lead time and associated costs for launch
- Support and manage the commercial relationship between the New Product Introduction project team and external suppliers on specific projects so that customer needs are met, whilst maintaining effective business relationships with suppliers and customers
- Supply Gap Analysis
- Supplier Price Management on SAP system
- Manage supplier relationships and KPI’s for portfolio in change
- Develop and maintain service level agreements and contracts with suppliers to ensure the quality and timely supply of goods and services
- Use appropriate procurement methodologies to meet client requirements and purchasing objectives.
- You will participate as a team member providing support and sharing of information.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues
- Initiative discussions with other teams of departments to manage the resolution/response to any issues or problems with supplier performance
Experience & Education:
- A CIPS qualification is desirable or other professional qualification or qualified by experience considered.
- A strong understanding of end to end Supply Chain
- A good technical understanding of procurement process desired
- Any experience of third party vendor management helpful
- Must have Excellent English both written and oral, other languages particularly French would be an advantage, but not considered essential.
- Competency in MS Office, Word, Excel with any experience using SAP considered favourable
If you are an experienced Buyer looking for a senior role within a busy, professional purchasing team, then we would very much like to hear from you.
Our client is deemed an essential business supplying directly to industries that have to continue trading during Covid – 19. They have systems in place above and beyond the requirements of social distancing in order to maintain the safety of their workforce.). RSFL will be conducting telephone interviews with candidates who have the required experience, and the Client will be completing the first stage interviews over the telephone or web based interviews, before proceeding to meet anyone face to face. With this in mind the interview process could be a lengthy process, but please rest assured that the client are doing everything to maintain the safety of their staff and potential recruits.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844