Are you an experienced office administrator with a strong attention to detail?
Are you looking for a rewarding role where you can work independently and support the smooth operations of a thriving business?
If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Our client is seeking a talented Office Administrator to ensure the correct flow of office procedures and provide invaluable support to two Company Directors. This stand-alone role requires someone who can handle various office duties and maintain excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Annual Holiday Entitlement: 28 days (including bank holidays), running from 01/01 to 31/12 (with 3-5 days reserved for the Christmas shutdown)
- Experience Required: Office administration expertise
- Location: Canterbury (own transport required due to rural location)
Role and Responsibilities:
As and experienced Office Administrator, you will play a crucial role in the daily operations. Here's an overview of your responsibilities:
- Serve as the first point of contact, handling incoming and outgoing calls from customers and suppliers
- Create and manage orders for customers using Sage software, while effectively communicating with customers regarding queries, updates, and delivery bookings
- Coordinate delivery logistics, ensuring timely bookings and accurate documentation
- Maintain accurate stock levels using MS Excel, raising purchase orders to suppliers via Sage and addressing any queries or updates related to deliveries
- Organise and maintain production files, ensuring all purchase order information and timings are up to date
- Enter supplier invoices and reconcile them using Sage, checking statements, and ensuring timely end-of-month payments
- Handle credit card payments, prepare statements for reconciliation, and maintain accurate records
- Obtain prices and book delivery vehicles with suppliers
- Manage and order stationary stock, liaising with the workshop to maintain and order component stock
- Organize and maintain company documents, ensuring proper filing and organization
- Assist and collaborate with the Directors, Production, Workshop, and design teams as needed
- Perform other ad hoc tasks and processes as required
Qualifications and Skills: To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Proven experience in office administration or a similar role
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring accuracy in all tasks
- Self-motivated, trustworthy, and able to work independently
- Confident telephone manner, capable of providing professional customer service
- Familiarity with Sage software is desirable but can be taught
- Proficiency in common MS Office 365 programs, including Outlook for email, Word, and Excel
- Good command of the English language, with excellent spelling and numeracy skills
- Own transport is necessary due to the rural location of our clients business
Join the team: If you are ready to take on an important role within a business and contribute to their continued success, we would love to hear from you! Our client offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and opportunities for growth and development.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you are the ideal candidate for this role. We look forward to reviewing your application.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844