Packaging, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Technologist, FMCG, Emgineering,
A new instruction for a Packaging Technologist with an established client and global manufacturing company in the area.
This permanent position has become available due to the resignation of a long server within the organisation and reports to the Technical Manager and Senior Packaging Technologist.
The ideal skills, education and experience we are seeking will include a combination of:
- University degree or Diploma through an accredited body in Packaging or relevant Engineering discipline; or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of the development of various types of packaging and packaging components like Cans, Pumps, Actuators, Bottles, Tubes, Corrugates etc. and technical testing of the considered elements
- Knowledge of the manufacturing techniques for packing consumer products
- Good project management skills, ownership mentality, with strong results orientation and business acumen
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work cross-functionally/internationally, and deliver against company business goals and objectives.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven delivery focus
The role will include the following but not limited to:
- Developing suitable consumer and transit packaging including display cartons, shelf ready packs, corrugated containers, and pallet layouts
- Manage modifications to existing product packaging
- Interface with all relevant departments to effectively manage projects
- Identify resource / prioritisation issues and report to line manager
- Manage project documentation
- Develop and execute package testing plans
- Source technical drawings / die lines
- Offer factory support for pack design related engineering issues
- Development of consumer and transit packaging using external suppliers
- Validate designs through to full scale manufacturing
- Implement transport tests to assure outer packaging and pallet designs are sufficient to deliver high quality product to customers
- Harmonise pack designs to improve manufacturing efficiency
- Issue and maintain packaging specifications as well as reports on outcome of industrial line trials
- Provide relevant information for the assembly of technical dossiers and customer specifications
- Keep up to date with sustainability requirements and integrate into packaging development.
The client is offering a favourable salary and benefits package, depending on your level of experience.
If you would like to be considered, then please email your CV as soon as possible.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844