Paraplanner, Chartered Paraplanner, Diploma Paraplanner, Hybrid Paraplanner, Report Writer, Altrincham, Manchester
Paraplanner Required - Salary negotiable, extremely generous benefits. Hybrid
A Chartered, Independent Financial Adviser firm based in Cheshire. Client service and satisfaction is key, and it aims to combine traditional service values with forward thinking innovative solutions to provide the best results. It offers a broad range of financial services advice. Client needs may be straightforward or be more complex and giving it total commitment to fully understanding clients’ aims and ambitions is essential. It provides specialist advice in the areas of Personal Injury Trusts, Court of Protection, Divorce Settlements, Investment Management, Pension Funding, Retirement Planning, Inheritance Tax Planning as well as Care Fee Planning and Protection.
Purpose of Role - Paraplanner
The Paraplanner role represents an excellent opportunity for someone with previous relevant experience to make a real difference working within a small team environment, where their contribution will be valued.
The Paraplanner will work alongside our advisers to discuss the different solutions suitable for the client before implementation. They will compile and recommend comprehensive reports to meet a clients’ overall objectives, including existing holdings, new products and their interaction with existing holdings, and taxation. They will analyse and assess the information gathered and confidentially liaise with the adviser and the client with any aspects arising.
Main Responsibilities - Paraplanner
- Liaise with our administration team to ensure all compliance paperwork is present.
- Liaise with our administration team for the compliant submission and recording of new transactions.
- Confirm the client risk profile is determined.
- Discuss client objectives with the adviser.
- Identify and obtain the information necessary to complete analysis and compile reports.
- Identify areas for planning and undertake research, both independently, and with the adviser to identify suitable solutions to meet the clients’ needs.
- Prepare information/comparisons for analysis by adviser.
- Consider current and future allocation of assets for investment strategy in conjunction with the client risk profile.
- Prepare recommendation reports to be discussed and signed off by the adviser.
- Act as a point of contact and deal effectively with queries from clients and other parties, such as legal and tax advisers (if applicable), through effective communication.
- Establish and build strong relationships with clients, colleagues, and other parties.
- Review investment portfolios and changes to asset allocation
- Preparing annual review reports and implementing investment switches
- Conduct product / fund research as appropriate
- Attend Investment Committee meetings.
- Strict adherence to all internal and regulatory compliance requirements, including Treating Customers Fairly principles & the CII’s Chartered Code of Ethics
- Maintain own Continuous Professional Development (CPD) file.
- Attend economic updates & other investment seminars/webinars where relevant.
Key Skills Required - Paraplanner
- Understanding of the financial planning process
- Broad knowledge of the overall financial services industry
- High level of technical knowledge
- Able to work, compliantly, within defined business processes.
- Ability to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise effectively and plan own workload.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Articulate, with excellent inter-personal skills, both written and verbal
- Good IT skills, preferably with experience of the back-office system, Iress Xplan
- Knowledge of using Wrap platforms
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to produce cash flow analysis reports.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- To identify new business opportunities from the existing client base
- To provide a comprehensive review process to our existing client base
- To attend client meetings where necessary
- Completion of special projects
Qualifications - Paraplanner
- Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning (Mandatory)
- Advancement to Chartered status (Preferred)
- Investment Management Certificate (Non-essential)
- Minimum two years’ experience in a comparable Paraplanning role
- Conversant with and ability to provide compliant advice across the range of personal financial planning products and services.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills are essential, together with open communication and a great work ethic.
- Ability to manage several cases simultaneously and prioritise workload to meet agreed deadlines.
- Ability to update knowledge on an ongoing basis and keep informed of industry/market/product changes.
- IT literate: Microsoft Office experience is essential. Iress, Xplan experience & Financial Express (FE) Analytics use is preferred.
Person Specification - Paraplanner
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Commitment to always act in the best interests of clients.
- Willingness to learn.
- Work as a team player
- Experience within a financial adviser practice
- Personal development/professional qualifications where required.
- Minimum 24 days holiday + statutory holidays (increasing with length of service)
- Additional day off for Birthday
- 4 x Death in Service
- Potential for Annual Bonus (reviewed twice yearly)
- Salary reviewed with performance annually.
- Group Personal Pension Plan after satisfactory probation period
- Financial support with studying for professional qualifications
- Payment of CII Membership
- Salary dependent upon experience
- Group Income Protection Plan
- Free, onsite parking
- Modern office suite
- Office opening times 8.30am - 4.30pm (with 1-hour lunch)
- Flexible working policy offered after satisfactory probation period.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844