Paraplanner, Senior Paraplanner, Paraplanning, Remote Paraplanner
A unique and exceptional opportunity is now available for a FULLY REMOTE PARAPLANNER, to join a well-established Chartered Independent Financial Practice, with an excellent reputation, based in the North-West
It is award-winning and is one of the largest financial planning firms in the area.
It is looking for a qualified and experienced Paraplanner to work on a fully remote basis, joining it's highly experienced Paraplanning team of 20 paraplanners.
Paraplanner Relevant skills and knowledge
The requisite technical knowledge and qualification: Ideally at level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning or close to attaining. Alternatively, have continued to demonstrate knowledge in line with this level of qualification for the work undertaken. A minimum of 2 years relevant industry experience
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the firm’s compliance and paraplanning procedures including record keeping requirements.
- Dealing with clients and advisers in a compliant manner as detailed within the firm’s compliance manual and procedures whilst maintaining a commercial balance.
- The ability to prioritise workloads under pressure while maintaining quality and accuracy. Care should be taken to ensure turnaround times and deadlines can be met.
- High level organisational, IT and analytical skills
- Good written and oral communication skills, ensuring that communication is appropriate to the audience and outcome required.
- To demonstrate initiative, impartiality, common sense and a 'can do attitude’ within the parameters of the job description and role.
- Ensure a team approach is maintained in a professional manner with an energetic and enthusiastic approach to problem solving.
- To be comfortable working in an environment where outputs are monitored and tested against benchmarks.
Paraplanner General responsibilities
- Always conform with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the relevant FCA rules and guidance
- Always comply with the relevant compliance, TCF, T&C and financial crime (anti-money laundering, data security, anti-bribery, fraud, and corruption) procedures of the firm
- Keep up to date with all relevant product, legislative and technical changes and to participate in relevant training offered.
- To provide support to the firm’s advisers in completing non-client facing tasks involved in preparing pre-sale documentation for any recommendations being made to a client.
- To ensure all client files are compliant on an ongoing basis.
- To assist other departments, where necessary, to ensure compliant client outcomes.
- To undertake any duties commensurate with skills and experience
- Attain and maintain level of competence and standard of performance as required by the firm along with relevant CPD.
Paraplanner Specific responsibilities
- Preparing and maintaining client files:
- Where the paraplanning support has not been able to; collate all the quantitative detailed information required to support any recommendations to be made.
- To ensure all relevant paperwork and 'know your client’ information is held within a client file is present, relevant, and compliant, or document where this is the adviser’s responsibility.
- Discuss client objectives and recommendation with the adviser where not clear on the worksheet provided.
- Prepare recommendations:
- Undertake relevant research, where not held centrally, to identify suitable solutions to meet a client’s specific objectives.
- Prepare relevant documentation and product / fund comparisons for the adviser to review.
- Prepare draft suitability reports to be reviewed and signed by the adviser.
- Prepare application or proposal forms and provide any supporting material.
- To take the more technical queries and more detailed cases that trainee paraplanners are not able to work on
- To field calls from advisers relating to which products and funds are available in line with the firm’s investment process, and to help with calculations on complex cases where this is within personal capabilities.
Paraplanning Team Tasks:
- To quality check own work and that of others, paying attention to detail, accuracy and record keeping (buddy checking)
- To support, train and develop trainee Paraplanners where necessary.
- Accurately maintain "hours sheet" for charging out work completed to the relevant adviser.
- To challenge or report, where appropriate, the advice provided by advisers in a supportive fashion whilst maintaining good working relationships with advisers.
- Maintain the product literature cupboard.
- To provide absence cover for the Paraplanning Support Administrator (sending and chasing letters of authority, dealing with paraplanning post and the inbox, and maintaining the work in progress list)
- To answer phones and deal with visitors when sales support is unable to do so.
What’s in it for you: Remote Home Based Paraplanner
- Salary range £33,000 to £35,000
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Various incentives, bonus and days off
- Ongoing study support and support with exams
Skills and experience required: Remote Paraplanner
- Level 4 Diploma (as a minimum) either Cii or LIBF
- Experience as a Paraplanner in an IFA/Wealth Management firm
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and literate
- Organisational and analytical skills
APPLY TODAY and I will be in touch. Alternatively please call Robert at Recruitment Solutions without delay!
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844