We are currently seeking a talented Senior Project Manager to support a global manufacturing client and key employer in the area. This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for someone looking to challenge themselves.
To achieve client objectives for organic growth, it is important that the New Product Development is effectively and efficiently delivered on time, in full and on cost.
The role involves the professional project management of new product launches and product changes for a portfolio of projects.
Leading cross functional teams in Europe and other international organisations, you will be responsible for overseeing multiple projects from initial feasibility through to launch implementation.
This role will also include management of R & D and Supply Chain projects across this European organisation.
The Senior Project Manager will lead an SBU with direct reports as well as your own power brand, Project Management from feasibility through to launch for NPD and business critical projects.
To be successful you need to manage the team effectively:
- Demonstrate good communication with team members.
- Effective team building and human inter-relationships.
What we are looking for from the individual:
- It is essential that you have a background in FMCG, ie. personal care/pharma/manufacturing. Unfortunately, applicants with purely construction, highways or rail sector experience will NOT be considered for this position.
- We would be looking for a minimum of 5 years + in a Project Management role.
- Ideally you will carry either a Prince 2 or PMP qualifications.
- Line management experience is desirable.
- English language essential - French language, desirable but not essential.
- Must hold a valid drivers licence and be prepared to travel within the UK and overseas
Direct Report Management including growth and development.
Cover EU PMO Manager when out of office.
Overall responsibility for driving project “on time, in full and on cost” delivery.
Overall project leadership for a portfolio of projects across strategic business unit (SBU), working to a Stage Gate process.
Taking responsibility of the project following Stage gate charter approval.
Facilitate the definition of project goals, objectives, scope, milestones and deliverables.
Ensuring full feasibility analyses (technical and business assessment) are conducted to include all aspects of the project (not just cost). Define project tasks and resource requirements with the project team and resource management.
Ensure project risks are assessed, managed and mitigated as part of the project plan.
Review risks and changes in risk status as part of routine progress reporting.
Project progress reporting both in written reports and presentations at all levels within the organisation – both in Europe and internationally.
Change management & change control including the escalation of change issues that impact on the project fundamentals of time, cost, quality and scope.
Coordinate creation of Master Data to ensure that new products are set-up, live and costed on the SAP system on time. For in-house produced products, responsibility for seeing that Bills of Material are created, approved and loaded in a timely manner.
Manage smooth transition from project to on-going production; release meetings, including Quality department, to be held for all NPD projects.
Project evaluation, assessment and communication of results.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven experience in Innovation and development projects, particularly within the FMCG sector, to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Ability to manage complex cross functional projects.
- Experience in managing and mitigating risk.
- Project Management: External certification (e.g. IPMA, APM, PMI, Prince2) preferable and experience with MS Project essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Effective communicator at all levels. Good presentation skills and ability to conduct effective meetings and presentations with large teams.
- Bias for Action, with a professional and positive approach - a can do attitude with a willingness to go the extra mile when required.
- Dynamic, self-motivated and self sufficient.
- Ability to cope with pressure, assertive and adaptable.
For your efforts you will be rewarded with an attractive salary package, 24 days annual leave (as a minimum), fantastic pension scheme, Health cash plan, annual company performance related bonus plus many more fantastic company benefits.
Apply to day and don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity!
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844