We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Transport Planner to join our client, a leading manufacturer based in rural Folkestone. With almost 100 years in the industry, you will be joining one of the most stable and successful businesses in the local area.
Your role as Transport Planner will involve supporting the Transport Manager and team, in the day to day running of the department.
Day to day duties will include:
- Planning loads, working closely with the Transport Manager, and taking a pro-active role in the planning when the Manager is not in the office
- Administration relating to loads, drivers, and vehicles, to meet legal and FORS requests
- Invoicing of loads
- Advising loads to customers
- Reviewing new orders
- Arranging carrier deliveries
- Assisting with other Transport administration duties, including other internal reporting requirements
- Work with the relevant managers to maintain and develop quality procedures and systems.
- Ensure that Company and Statutory Health and Safety, COSHH and Environmental requirements are met
- Any other ad hoc tasks reasonably requested by your direct line managers or the directors, from time-to-time
As Transport Planner, you will be rewarded with a generous salary based on your level of experience. You will also receive 29 days holiday a year and access to private health care and generous pension scheme. Due to location, access to your own vehicle will be an absolute essential.
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844