This position is a key role within a very successful manufacturing business based in rural Ashford. The role offered a wide variety of exciting and demanding challenges and requires a strong and adaptable work ethic, a very hands-on approach and close working with the team and other managers.
It will suit a self-motivated ‘all-rounder’ candidate with a track record of systematic operational improvements, and with good communication and people management skills alongside a high personal work rate.
As a Yard Manager much of your time will be spent working with your teams based outside and in the stores building, and you will expect to spend significant time using a forklift yourself. You will almost certainly have extensive experience in a similar environment.
- Take accountability for the smooth running of the Loading, Stores, Retail and Export team and its processes, to ensure it meets daily requirements and other agreed objectives.
- Take ownership and control of stock and stock accuracy, housekeeping and security. This includes system data integrity, outside storage areas and the stores building.
- Drive continuous improvement in the team to reduce errors and waste, to reduce cost.
- You will have managed a team of no less than 15 operators, this includes recruitment, training, managing performance & KPI’s, co-ordinating team efforts, motivational team talks & staff retention.
- FLT Licence holder and the willingness to work at ground level to support your team.
- Experience of managing KPI’s, co-ordinating team efforts, motivational team talks, staff retention and meeting business targets.
- Experience of managing stock, H&S & Goods In and Out processes.
- Experience with stock management systems
- Experience of working with ISO9001 procedures and in raising overall quality standards.
- An understanding of COSHH and Environmental requirement.
- You will be computer literate and able to process department paperwork in a organised fashion.
What’s in it for you:
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday - 8am – 5.30 or as agreed
- Holiday 21 days per year rising to 26 days. All public bank holidays
- Currently Medicash after a year’s service
- Life Assurance after one year’s service – paid a twice annual basic salary
- Currently pension contribution is 4% Employee and employer
- Currently Bupa after 10 year’s service.
- A generous annual salary
For further information on this opportunity please contact:
Tel: 01303 220844